Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Ikea Hack: Billy Bookcase

There's a whole website out there full of exhibits of creative, reverse engineered and heady ideas to hack those mass produced Lacks, Billys and Malms. So much fun!

I needed a bookcase/updated living room/ cheap bill.

Enter..Billy Bookcase


Some Fabric


I had seen similar stuff on pinterest. You can use wallpaper, wrapping paper, paint or fabric.


 I used an electric tacker to staple the fabric on the board.


 Note of caution; if you use a thick fabric like I used the board backing for this model will NOT slide into the slit provided.

Mr. had to add nails on the edges and mid section to set the back.




Oh and I only realized while I was working, that my top matches the fabric!
I love it.


2 comments:

Share some Love, Leave a Comment!